GCSE Easter Revision Course in Cardiff: Saturday 2nd April at 10am – 12pm
The Spanish Academy is delighted to announce our Easter revision course, which will be held in our Cardiff branch on Saturday 2nd April at 10am – 12pm. This course is aimed at GCSE and A level students who are looking to brush up their language skills and exam techniques before the exam period commences.
Our revision courses are an opportunity for students to consolidate their learning and to fill in any gaps they may have as well as focus on proven exam techniques and past paper practices. Students will be able to address any last-minute concerns they have, as well as generally increase their overall confidence and maximise their performance as they approach exam time.
What do we cover throughout the course?
- Exam techniques – how to answer questions in context and what you need to do in order to approach different styles of questions, eg, gap fill, matching up sentences and more
- Exam objectives – understanding what examiners are looking for in order to get the highest possible marks
- Ambiguous exam questions – how to cope with them and avoid common pitfalls
- Listening skills – how to sharpen your listening and practicing past listening exam papers and CDs
- Homework – take away past exam papers to do at home and receive the mark online within 24 hours with annotations and corrections
- Mistakes – how to learn from them and make sure you don’t repeat them!
- Vocabulary – review the most important topics and associated vocabulary
- Essay writing – improve your techniques with the use of sentence starters, opinions, connecting words and a wide variety of tenses
- Exam marks – understand how exam questions are weighted and what answers are needed
- Checking your work – how to check your exam answers and use your time wisely
- Revision – organising your revision timetable in order of importance
For a booking form, please contact the office or call us to find out more.