French Degree exam results
We tutor undergraduate students from various British Universities including Kings College, UCL, Bath, Exeter, Cardiff, Bristol and Reading. They’re all studying French either as a major or minor, often with another language. Depending on the module, topics covered can include: French language, literature, business and economics, film, poetry, art, history, government and politics.
Our students consistently achieve 1st and 2:1 results, awarded for assessments and their final degree results. We also guide students through internships, work placements, graduate schemes and their year abroad.
What will French Degree students study?
We follow the appropriate syllabus of your University using textbooks, interactive media resources, articles, past exam papers and listening materials. Students will study all core modules of reading, writing, speaking and listening with special emphasis placed on grammar, verb tenses and vocabulary.
We start revising exam techniques as early as possible so students are familiar with the question format for each paper and what’s expected from them by their examiners.
Most lessons will follow the following format:
- Lesson recap – from last week’s class in case there are any follow-up questions
- Syllabus topic work – we’ll study a topic on the syllabus covering key vocabulary, useful verbs, model Q&A’s and how best to revise these
- Current affairs – we’ll read and discuss news articles, videos and audio materials
- Literature and film – focus will be on critical analysis, essay writing and analysing study guides depending on the reading list
- Grammar and verbs – we’ll always study these components during every lesson
- Past exam paper practice – we’ll study past papers and exam techniques to consolidate revision strategies and maximise grades
- Speaking practice – emphasis will be placed on expanding ideas and improving fluency
- Homework – there will be homework most weeks and students will be given access to the lesson resources, handouts and message board corrections made in class.
What’s included in the tuition class price?
- 30-minute free Assessment – to pinpoint the exact areas you need help with and create a study plan to reach those goals before exam day
- Exam tutor match – teaching French at this level is a specialist skill; our Degree tutors are academics and have often published journals and articles and are university lecturers
- All teaching and exam materials – including articles, past papers, handouts, vocab lists, audios, templates, study guides and more
- Lesson playback – classes can also be recorded on Zoom or Skype, handy for students who wish to playback the lesson for revision
- Progress Reports – to track learning, in-class assessment and recommendations for improvement
- Guidance – with assessments, essays and mock exams
- Direct support – reach out to your tutor if you’re stuck or need some help
- Add-on services – essay/homework submission, year abroad/internships/work placement consultations and CV/interview consultations.
No monthly contracts or sign up fees
Pause or cancel anytime
Discounted block booking packages
Classes never expire
No-quibble money back guarantee
When and where are classes?
Our offices are based in London and Cardiff and upon request and depending on availability, we can arrange classes in our modern classrooms. Classes can also be arranged in student’s homes, offices and locally in libraries/coffee shops if you prefer.
Most students are taught online via Zoom, Skype and Google Hangouts which offer whiteboard tools, chat, smart messaging, screen sharing, multimedia files and lesson video recording.
Our tutors offer flexible time slots in the daytime, evenings and weekends. Most students book a fixed weekly slot but you can book on an ad-hoc basis too. You can have as many classes per week as you like and pause when you need to.