Business Spanish classes
We have a dedicated division which specialises in assisting companies and individuals with their Business Spanish needs. We count global blue chips, FTSE 100 firms, public bodies and SMEs as our clients. We work and have worked with: Google, the NHS, the BBC, Admiral Plc, HBO, the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Premiership football clubs, The Economist, Pinewood TV Studios, M&C Saatchi and Amey Plc.
We can assist Business clients in a variety of sectors including: finance, technology, e-commerce, import/export, medical, government, legal, education, waste management, public service, transport, sport and retail.
What will you study?
Business Spanish students will typically study a broad overview of business-related topics alongside their chosen specialism(s).
Classes will also focus on terminology used in typical business scenarios including emails, presentations, video conferences, projects and trips. Students will learn how to clearly communicate in a variety of professional and social settings as well as confidently exchange information in different contexts and successfully engage with professional counterparts.
Lesson content can include the following: how to communicate with contacts, clients, suppliers and colleagues abroad, understanding business correspondence, delivering presentations and conferences, expressing points of view, setting up partner offices, discussing current affairs, finding employment and adapting to Hispanic business cultures and trends.
For Beginner’s students, classes will start with the basics and a broad overview of everyday topics and conversations before learning your specialist area(s). Classes will progressively be conducted in Spanish so that you’re fully immersed in the language and reach fluency quicker.
We’ll use a textbook in class as this provides structure and direction to your learning but language learning is very interactive so we’ll supplement that with lots of immersive material such as listening exercises, podcasts, videos, recommendations for vocab apps and so forth.
Spanish for employment
Business Spanish classes are also aimed at students wishing to gain employment in a Spanish-speaking country or within UK organisations which have Spanish-speaking offices, divisions, suppliers or clients. These classes are suitable for those who wish to learn or improve their knowledge of Spanish within a variety of sectors including economy, commerce, import/export, finance, technology, medical, government, legal, waste management, public service, transport and retail.
Classes place emphasis on specific sector-related terminology and scenarios that will help students communicate in a variety of professional settings in their chosen career or industry.
We can also help students with:
- Writing CVs, covering letters, applications and LinkedIn profiles tailored to their profession or industry
- Practising interview techniques
- Sourcing job opportunities
- Learning how to promote themselves professionally
- Preparing for employment in their chosen country, organisation or industry.
When and where are classes?
Our offices are based in London and Cardiff and upon request and depending on availability, we can arrange classes in our modern classrooms or at your company’s offices.
We also specialise in online classes via Zoom, Skype and Google Hangouts which offer whiteboard tools, chat, smart messaging, screen sharing, multimedia files and lesson video recording.
Our tutors offer flexible time slots in the daytime and evenings. Most students book a fixed weekly slot but you can book on an ad-hoc basis too. You can have as many classes per week as you like and pause when you need to.
What’s included in the price ?
- 30-minute free Assessment – this allows us to pinpoint your needs and motivation and show you how we can help you with your goals
- Tutor match – reduce search overwhelm and let us personally match you up with one of our verified tutors suited to your level
- Learning materials – access to our library of language resources including worksheets, podcasts, exam papers and study guides
- Personalised classes – to suit your needs so your confidence grows, you get real-life results and you achieve fluency quicker
- Lesson playback – classes can also be recorded on Zoom or Skype, handy for students who wish to playback the lesson for revision
- Progress Reports – to track learning, in-class assessment and recommendations for improvement
- Certifications – end of course certificates and professional references
- Support along the way – advice on travel, moving abroad and more.
Drew was superb. In summary, a fantastic teacher with fantastic results.
[They have] been brilliant, quickly putting together a course absolutely tailored to my needs. I would recommend [them] without hesitation to anyone whether beginner or advance level!
Drew in my experience is a fantastic teacher. I needed to improve my English quickly due to my new job in a UK company and Drew is helping me a lot. Her method is very effective, she combines both business exercises and intelligent conversation about business situations. In a shot time, I noticed my English was more fluent.
I have to say Drew is at a totally different level to any other tutor I have had. I have made great progress with her, as she is doing less textbook work and more interactive conversation which suits me down to the ground.
The Spanish classes have been really helpful for my general work communication and my meetings in Spain. I still have a way to go but my confidence is improving, gracias!
Feedback has been fantastic and everyone loves Lucía!